COST OF MY MAN CAVE
If you’re a fan of my man cave (or not) and curious as to how much I spent to turn my fantasy into reality, read on.
Please keep in mind that the grand total, for lack of a better term, is guesstimated.
The reason I choose to use the word “guesstimated” is because for as many receipts as I can find there are a ton I can’t.
As such here is a rundown of the costs associated with my man cave.
Costs below is for the transformation from the picture on the top left to the picture on the top right.
COST OF RENOVATIONS
- Covering the wood walls with .25 inch sheet rock.
- Installation and cost of water resistant floating floor planks.
- Painting of the entire room.
- Building of the custom bar with granite counter tops.
- New sheet rock ceiling with dimming high recessed lighting.
Total cost for the above = Approximately $13,000
COST OF FURNITURE
- The couch and love seat was my living room furniture from my previous home. As I already owned the furniture for a few years and have no way of knowing how much said furniture would cost used at the time when I moved I’ll provide a guesstimated value of $1,500.
- Bar chairs – All purchased new and assembled by me – Total cost of eight (8) bar chairs, including tax and shipping = $999.92
- Snack trays – Again, from my previous residence. When purchased new the cost was around $100.
- Small tables – Two small tables that house my cable box, rocket fish and PlayStation 4. Total cost of both tables guesstimated = $150
Total cost of furniture in my man cave = Approximately $2,749.22
COST OF ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCTS
- Cost of 55″ Samsung HD television = $760.37
- Cost of 40″Samsung HD television = $488.80
- PlayStation 4 = $282.41
- Wall Mounts for both televisions = $173.78
- Rocketfish HDMI Splitter = $76.02
- 50″ HDMI Cable = $108.61
Total cost of all entertainment products = $1,889.99 (Actual Cost)
COST OF “KITCHEN” EQUIPMENT
- Frigidaire mini fridge = $141.20
- Microwave Kenmore microwave was a gift from my dad and from my previous home. It was a few years old when I completed my man cave so guesstimated cost = $30
- GE Dishwasher – The dishwasher was originally in the kitchen of my house when purchase. I moved the dishwasher from the kitchen to the basement. Guesstimated cost = $75
- Electrolux Humidifier = Guesstimated of $175
Total cost of “kitchen” equipment = Approximately $421.20
There are so many items that have been gifted to me over the years that it is beyond difficult to put a price tag on those items.
For example, my wife’s uncle gifted me my bar sign, coasters and a few signs for my walls. My best friend gifted me my New York Yankees neon logo. My wife gifted me pillows, beer steins and glassware. My brother gifted me a ton of pint glasses as well as coasters.
In addition there are many items that I purchased over the years that now reside in my man cave.
It’s near impossible to put a monetary value on such things but since this blog post is all about the cost of my man cave I’ll provide a rudimentary value of $1,000.
TOTAL COST OF MY MAN CAVE
Cost of renovations = Approximately $13,000
Cost of furniture = Approximately$2,749.22
Cost of entertainment equipment = $1,889.99
Cost of “kitchen” equipment = Approximately $421.20
Miscellaneous costs = Approximately $1,000
TOTAL ESTIMATED COST OF MY MAN CAVE = $19,060.41